According to the local media, Marguerite Chavez De Aragon has quit the Albuquerque’s Mayoral race. The odd thing is; SHE NEVER ENTERED THE RACE PUBLICLY!
Marguerite picked up a packet for the Mayoral race at 4:00 PM on the deadline before the City Clerk’s Office closed. Marguerite never publicly entered the race. According to Marguerite’s last statement made, she was planning on publicly entering the race at the end of this month. How does a person quit a race they were never publicly entered into? Why not quit being an astronaut or a nuclear physicist too?
Here are some thoughts and questions:
- Why did Marguerite send out these false pretenses that she was going to enter the race?
- Was this false pretense for the purpose of political gain?
- Was it to ensure she would have a job if she gave her “support” to another person?
- Was this fair to the people who signed her petitions or who worked diligently to help her?
- Was this a pre-planned and/or collaborated effort; a conspiracy on her behalf and others?
- Did Marguerite know from the beginning know she was out-of-her-league and just wanted to have some fun at the taxpayers’ expense?
- OR did Marguerite simply realize she was in over her head and knew she did not have a snowball in hell’s chance to win?
When all is said and done, these questions will be answered. The truth always comes out in the end. We hope Marguerite’s plight was an honorable situation with honorable intentions.
Congratulations to Marguerite for dropping out of a race she never publicly entered…