The Piercing Truth

This is right from the dictionary and seems to describe Albuquerque, Berry and Schultz. Fascism (f ash ,izem) noun An authoritarian right wing system of government and/or social organization. (in general use) extreme right wing, authoritarian, chauvinistic and/or intolerant views or practices. Fascism tends to include a belief in the supremacy of one group over another, national, ethnic, especially social strata or monetarily; a contempt for democracy, an insistence on obedience to a powerful leader, and a strong demagogic approach. Compliments of one of our Eyes

Sep 17, 2007

Hats Off - Sheriff Greg Solano

We've been busy the last couple of weeks and didn't catch this until just today. In an August 29th post, we mused that it will be interesting to see whether as a candidate for Lt. Governor he would continue his blogging avocation. Sheriff Solano's response:
Not only will I continue to blog, I have even started a new blog which will detail the run for Lieutenant Governor in a personal and honest way that I believe has never been done in New Mexico politics. One thing I vowed when I first ran for office was that "politics will not change me, I will change politics".

I truly believe this and this is not some made up campaign slogan. I will not formulate an opinion based on what polls say or based on what might be best for the campaign. I had a job before politics and should the voters decide I am not right for the position I am running I will have a job and continue to serve my community in other ways. So come here and read my ramblings and yes I am sure my opponents will try and use these writings against me, the good thing is that "you never have to remember what you said if you always say the truth".
Our hats off to the Sheriff and Lt. Governor candidate. We may not agree with his opinion, but we believe that it's an honest one. What's more, it takes courage to take a position and voice your opinion especially when one is a candidate for elected office; because every time you do someone will disagree with you. If the Santa Fe Sheriff is able to live up to his convictions, it truly will be a breath of fresh air for New Mexico politics.

No comments: